Coinbase says hackers stole cryptocurrency from at least 6,000 customers

Hackers stole from the accounts of at least 6,000 customers of Coinbase Global Inc.

Personally I’m not a huge fan of Coinbase my hacked got hacked July 2020 and I’m still waiting for customers support to reach out. Assuming these 6000 people will be in the same position unfortunately.

The news recently about have a direct deposit from your employer to Coinbase turned my stomach. For me this article is just conformation!

Not your keys, not your coins! :100:

6 Likes

Wow that is crazy. I wish these hackers would get a life.

1 Like

I hope they got my ETH & XRP I don’t want Coinbase to have it! :100:

One of my friends got sim swapped recently, and his coinbase account was exploited. Just don’t keep large amounts of coins there. If you have over 5 figures in crypto, why would you not just spend the 100$ on a ledger nano x.

1 Like

I am just curious how they do it? Do they pretend they want to trade or do they have other ways of stealing it? getting a digital wallet safe account might be better

2 Likes

Same, I keep asking about this

I use Coinbase and I hope this doesn’t happen to me :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Do you keep your coins on the exchange?

I did, but not anymore, I am now implementing safety measures, thanks @cryptostaceyb.

1 Like

WOW! I did not know this happened. Thank you for the article. It’s definitely never safe to leave assets in coinbase exchange. I like non custodial wallets and will continue to use them because I am scared to death to lose my money. Always keep your keys in a safe place and never stored on any devices. :+1:

1 Like

Smart, we all make the same mistakes in the beginning. Crypto investing is definitely a process of learning.

1 Like