Cowra Coin - for a small town in Central West NSW, Australia

Trust,

I haven’t had much success getting any interest going and the little response I did get from candidates before the recent Council election was negative. I haven’t given up on the idea but it will take a bit longer than say Sydney City Council (where I moved from) might. My next priority is the Australian Local Government Association . .

3 Likes

Keep going and don’t give up on the idea, it takes time for mass adoption

2 Likes

I think for now the priority will have to be grass-roots development - so I am starting the process of contacting Cowra groups on FaceBook - with the first ones being the “Buy, Sell and Swap / Trade” groups - I think they are ideally placed to make use of a “Cowra Coin” - we’ll see how that exercise develops . .

3 Likes

I have started posting this note on the NON-sell.buy (8) groups:

"People, I have this idea about a “Cowra Coin” for communities that I would like to talk to others about - reply here or message me if you are interested:

Cowra Coin Communities
"
and am starting to get a trickle of interest.

However, to post to the Sell/Buy (6) groups I need something to sell . . so, I am thinking of creating 1,000 Cowra Coin NFTs (ie NOT the CCs themselves) and selling them as collectiibles that will help fund operations here (maybe we should set up a DAO to manage the project? - I have registered "InterCoin Australia as a business name but I happy to have it run by a DAO) - AND get a LOT of media attention - both local and further afield in Australia . .

To leverage as much media attention as possible and to maximise sale prices I am thinking of having something like a Dutch Auction for each of the first ten numbered NFTs ie starting at 009 and continuing to 000 over ten weeks using a nicer version of something like this (help from IC artists here would be great!):

Phil

This image was created using a LOT of random numbers so each of even a lot more than 1,000 NFTs would be entirely unique . .

2 Likes

Found more FB Cowra groups to post in - up to 29 total now . .

2 Likes

@philip_rhoades what is the update with Sydney coin?

1 Like

No progress - it was too hard trying to get through the Lord Mayor’s minders - need to come back to that town later - unless you have a compelling case / specific pilot project to put in front of them?

I have another idea re the Cowra situation but I have been putting off saying anything about it till the NFT situation becomes clearer.

1 Like