Rio de Janeiro to Allow Paying Taxes with Crypto Starting from 2023

Rio de Janeiro to Allow Paying Taxes with Crypto Starting from 2023

Rio de Janeiro, the second-largest Brazilian city, will make it possible to pay property taxes with cryptocurrencies starting from 2023.

The city also plans to develop its own collection of non-fungible tokens that will feature images of Rio de Janeiro’s most famous tourist spots. The goal is to stimulate tourism and incentivize local artists with the help of NFTs, according to Pedro Paulo, the city’s secretary of finance and planning.

City, state, country I keep seeing more news about this!

1 Like

Not something i would do, unless i’d get cash back when the price increased :joy:

1 Like

Well I see that as a bad thing. Bitcoin and Ethereum will continue to rise so that wouldn’t be fair to the people. The government once again would have the upper hand. I think people should definitely be very weary about this and just pay taxes with their local currencies for now. The goal has always been to screw the little people. With Intercoin community currencies can assist in this by allowing communities their own way of paying each other, voting, UBI you name it! It can’t eliminate taxes but it can help alleviate the stress.

1 Like