Introduce yourself!

Such a great pleasure e-meeting you here DRich!

Welcome on board :wink:

Really appreciate that you decided to dedicate your time to Intercoin’s community as we are all here supporting each other with our talents and skills.

3 Likes

Welcome o the community DRich

2 Likes

Hey all, My name is Christopher Powell. I am a Physics graduate, completing my Bachelors in December 2020. I’ve always been the type of person to tinker with stuff, such as breaking down phones and replacing parts, repairing car parts, etc. I’m always wanting to learn new things and ideas, thus I’m constantly doing research!

My journey in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology started in December 2017. I was tutoring at a Starbucks and while I was tutoring, I noticed a guy with a large desktop with his monitor looking at stock charts. After teaching, I went over to him and asked him what he was looking at. He told me that he was doing watching stocks and cryptocurrency. I didn’t know what cryptocurrency was, so he mentioned a few coins such as Bitcoin, Ether, and XRP. After he mentioned XRP, he started shilling the project and during the time, the asset was at .20 cents. By the time I bought in, the price was .67 cents and I ended up with 100 tokens. Within weeks, my $67 turned into almost $400 and I was hooked! After the 2018 crash, I spent years doing research on different assets, companies, partnerships, etc. usually while pulling overnighters doing Physics homework. After graduating, I decided to go full crypto and I never looked back!

Since 2018, my main focus is to help others understand the importance of blockchain technology. I have several blockchain related certifications, and currently, I teach blockchain technology to anyone that wants to learn, all while learning new concepts and ideas along the way!

6 Likes

Wow, Christopher welcome to Intercoin community! :hugs:
Great to hear about your journey. We are lucky to have you here as many new people are coming and asking questions about blockchain here. We would be happy to share Intercoin’s vision and will appreciate you to share your knowledge!

3 Likes

Hey Chris, we have a lot of XRP fans in our community actually. If you look around, we had a discussion with David Schwartz (!) a while back here on the forum. Congrats on going full crypto, you are definitely in the right place at the right time

7 Likes

This is interesting! I love hearing everyone’s story of how they first entered crypto. Welcome to our forum!

6 Likes

welcome to the community. we are glad to have you here.

1 Like

Glad to have you in this community!

1 Like

Glad to have you in this community!!

1 Like

Welcome to the community

1 Like

Hello ITR Community

My name is Michael Korneyev from Brooklyn NY. I joined the community a few weeks ago. My interest in this project and QBix happend by chance.

I was sitting in traffic on the BQE one morning when I saw this billboard. Hope it shows up down there.

ITR

I had this picture on my phone for a few months before I looked at it again, and when I saw it again I remembered I wanted to look this up. I liked the website, read the white paper, and started watching many of the Intercoin and QBix YouTube videos. I quickly discovered an interest to invest in the project, so I did.

For the next 2 weeks I read the white paper again a few times, watched more videos on these projects, and became more interested. So I decided to invest more into the project before this last funding round closed.

For me, ITR answered an interesting question I used to ask people; If not money then what? What would we replace money (USD) with as a medium of exchange? I used to ask this question 20 years ago, before crypto.

For a while I thought it would be BTC, ETH, something, but that still hasn’t happend.

I like that Intercoin is working on this specific problem, that should be the goal of any crypto. Mass Adoption!

As for me, I am a Video Systems Integrator, Digital Marketer, and Microgreens/Wheatgrass Farmer. Weird niches, I know!

I’m interested in using Intercoin in all 3 businesses, but especially Microgreens/Wheatgrass. I’d like to build my own social network (as QBix describes) that would use Intercoin as the medium of exchange between USD, BTC, ETH, everything, for that group of clients.

Would be cool, I sell to a bunch of locals in my neighborhood and I could see them all interacting through my network. Many of them share common interests. This would work.

I’m also interested in integrating the Intercoin technology into the business itself, to produce useful data for accounting, inventory, CRM, the whole thing.

I like the idea of communities becoming their own federal reserve. This takes us back to a time where communities or clans of early humanity made their own decisions based on their best interests locally. But now we have the technology to help us make it viable, sustainable, and accountable.

I first heard about BTC in 2013, but I didn’t start investing in cryptos until the end of 2017. Better late than never. A friend of mine put me on, said “buy now, prices are only going up”, so like many I did.

I’m a long term investor in anything I believe in! I saw potential and knew this would be a bumpy ride. Time to hold on.

2017 was an interesting time, the market had gone up towards the end of the year, followed by a major correction.

To watch the value of something rise soon after you bought it is a scary thing, you start believing crypto would make you wealthy. Only to see the volatility of free markets bringing you back to reality.

And yet, we are here, in 2021, and the value has gone up.

In USD.

Looking back now, measuring my own wealth with a currency that rises in value in terms of USD, but is hoarded and not used by the general population as an actual medium of exchange for goods and services (as Greg described) is not wealth in my opinion.

But I did use them, the cryptos. Earlier this year I sold some of my portfolio to pay off some outstanding credit card debt. Relief. The crypto actually gave back.

A thought came, “What if I could just pay the credit card company in crypto and avoid the taxes I’ll have to pay in 2022 for selling cryptos, buying USDs, paying off the USD debt, then paying long term capital gains tax on the profits at 15% for my tax bracket”

Would’ve been nice to just pay this in crypto.

Thanks for having me Intercoinians!

Looking forward to the launch.

MK

5 Likes

Wow your introduction is super impressive!

:hugs: Welcome to our community!!

I personally have only been invested in cryptocurrencies for three years. So I really enjoy hearing other investors story that have been involved longer. I’m excited you see and understand Intercoin’s utility, also recognizing the unique functions that Qbix will assist in combination driving crypto to go mainstream. :mechanical_arm:

Also your professional experience is motivating I spent 20+ years working in the beauty industry and here I am now!

Please stay active in our forum as we are JUST getting started…

3 Likes

Wow,it’s so good to have you onboard and best believe Intercoin is going to have an awesome community pretty soon and the tech team are working really hard to improve…welcome to the team and I wish business more success.

4 Likes

Thank you, @michael_korneyev, for your kind words and very inspiring intro.
I strongly believe that Intercoin embeds a spirit of giving in every step of its business journey because @Gregory_Magarshak1 didn’t want to create just another token for the sea of investors simply chasing crazy crypto profits. On the contrary, when I joined an Advisory Board last summer, the main attraction for me was that all infrastructure of Intercoin allows deepening the connection between team, users and investors to the business.
I am glad to welcome you to the team of Intercoin investors AND I’m sure it’s only the beginning of your connection with all communities and success in the world in new ways. I would be glad to share a link to your story with our Telegram group for people to be inspired too.

5 Likes

Hi everyone! My name is Alexandre Lores and I’m a crypto analyst. I’ve been an investor into Bitcoin and crypto since 2017. I’m a Bitcoiner first but I love the innovation in this space.

I create educational and news content on Twitter and Medium as well as their social media channels.

I am the NFT analyst for Quantum Economics and I wrote for Luna PR.

I’ve appeared on CoinDesk TV twice and also host. Twitter spaces every Saturday and create 1-minute news updates through my website theLatestBlock.com. You can find these videos on my accounts on YouTube, TikTok, Instagram and Twitter.

6 Likes

You’re a :gem: and I’m not just saying that because your my friend! All your hard work is paying off and I’m excited you are part of the team!!!

3 Likes

Hey Alexandre and a big welcome to the Intercoin community! :hugs:
So great to see you with us and to hear about your awesome journey. We have so many people in the community who would be happy to learn from you and especially as you share Intercoin’s vision now. I love your writing style and appreciate you sharing your knowledge!

2 Likes

Michael, this is incredible. Thanks for sharing your background, we are working hard to bring this technology to fruition. Money is but a tool for people to use. Why can’t we improve this tool, and make it do actual useful things for local communities? Fiat currency, for example, is specifically preferred over gold pegs because of the monetary policies that fiat enables. We chose to use it because it was a more useful tool. Bitcoin is now preferred over fiat by some people, because its a more useful tool. Intercoin I hope will be another chapter in monetary innovation.

3 Likes

@Alexandre_Lores Was in twitter spaces with Mati from quantum economics the other day. Just subbed to the newsletter, your work looks very interesting and I am excited to dig into it.

3 Likes

Welcome Alex. Glad to have you be part of our community forum.

2 Likes